||Women's Society of Cyberjutsu
||Remote or Local
|Type of Position:
Description & Details
WSC is looking for creative members to assist with planning our annual events. Now is your chance to be part of a small but growing special events team. We are seeking highly motivated, self-starting volunteers who are energetic, a team player, results-oriented and dedicated to the achievement of personal and team goals. You will provide support to event planning and production and gain valuable skills and insights on event planning, marketing and fundraising.THIS IS A VOLUNTEER POSITION ON A TEAM. Experience desired BUT not required.
WSC has a number of events throughout the year that showcase our organizations and our members.
- Assist with planning and implementing of all special events (Dinner, bowling, conference, etc.)
- Locate event sponsorships, swag bag donations, silent auction donations.
- Assist with preparing budgets.
Negotiate vendor fees.
- Provide periodic progress reports to event committee.
- Ensure appropriate décor (florals, linens, color schemes, etc.)
- Arrange food and beverage
- Arrange audiovisual setup, work with DJ, lighting, etc.
- Create room/space layouts for the event.
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
- Serve as liaison with vendors on event-related matters.
- Assist with day-of-event volunteer recruitment and management (includes attending event)
- Organize, design and prepare event materials and communications including newsletters, email blasts, social media, phone calls, etc.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proof reading skills, and speaking.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism.
- Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision.
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality.
- Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and mail merges; email and web searches.
Each event takes a different amount of time and energy to plan and implement. During the event planning time we expect volunteers to commit to at least 4 hours per week. This time will vary.